Sunday, April 26, 2009

my son has a green thumb!

i do believe his grandma passed on some green thumbiness (oh yes, it's a word), through his daddy. i have never had a plant live. granted i've never tried seeds before, but every plant i have owned has quickly seen the other side. so imagine my surprise when i woke up yesterday morning to a liiiiitle green sprout on the tomato, and by mid-day THIS...

it looks like the tomato is ready to shoot up, and you can see one tiny little sprout on the sunflower. we shall see about the strawberry, but i have high hopes. :)

5 comments:

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Oh dear! I do think you've exaggerated about my green thumb! I wish I had one. I keep working at it. I think Auntie on the other side of the mountains might have a greener thumb, but thanks for the comp! If he gets excited about this, maybe he'll develop a life-long interest. That would be fun! I planted my gigantic pumpkins today. Let's see how green my thumb ends up being!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You've got a higher success rate than I have already, even if the strawberry stays a no-show. But I think you're right to have hope. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, Mom, I'm quite sure your thumb is greener than mine...but thanks for the confidence! Or maybe you were talking about the Auntie on the other side of some different mountains...she has a better climate and longer growing season than all the rest of us put together! But she's also a mighty busy lady...anybody know if Aunt Courtney has a garden this year?

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Aunt Courtney can speak for herself, but I'd be shocked if she did! She just updated her blog, and I am exhausted just thinking about her schedule. AND, she has a wonderful farmer's market that they (and I) love to go to. Courtney - do you have a garden??

Court said...

I bought those same ones at Target! Gotta love the dollar section!!! I have yet to use them, but was thinking today how I need to do that. How fun that they actually work:) When I plant them with Tay I'll let you know the outcome.