Saturday, August 23, 2008

not really what van gogh had in mind

maybe you've noticed, lately the super cool thing to do is take your own picture. well take thousands of your own pictures and post them. either on your myspace or facebook. maybe you haven't, i don't know. but being that my husband and i have a lot of teenagers and young adults that we're still involved in the lives of, i see this as a pretty common occurrence. it's actually very annoying. however, it has its perks if you think about it. you don't mind making the same face twenty times in a row to find "just the right one", because really who's looking? no one really knows how much make up you're wearing in real life, so you can cake it on baby. and of course what's a self portrait without a self-deprecating title below despite the hours spent finding that "super hot, omg look at my hair" picture. check out this stud. maybe this is just an old idea reinvented? although i'm not hacking off my ear, i don't care how fly i'd be. yeah, i said fly. you heard me. i like to think i'm not totally out of touch, i am after all only 24. however i guess becoming a mom and being married for so long has me way out of the loop. i still let my husband take my picture. or of course there's the total stranger you ask to take one for you. remember those days? apparently to many cameras found a new home with those willing strangers. now we take our own pictures, complete with the super white "flash" forearm. thank heavens for photoshop!

here's my issue, i can't seem to look the camera in the "face". i feel like it knows my secret and it's going to tell you i took it myself. nothing is a dead give away quite like this face...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a very philosophical post. And a cute picture…you, not Van Gogh. :)