Sunday, February 17, 2008

two weeks old!

It's been a very rough two weeks. More then I could have imagined. Not because of our beautiful children, but due to basically everything else. the daddy's surgery went well, though we've had a couple of trips to the doctor since with sinus infection scares. Breastfeeding went well until I got Mastitis which turned into a raging skin infection that sent me into a fever of 103.5 giving me fever blisters and what felt like a sunburnt face. After being diagnosed by the doctor I was put on an antibiotic that I quickly reacted to with hives and tongue swelling. After an antibiotic switch and hard work I am finally on the mend. Though not sure if I will be able to get peanut to relatch. So that's been the last two weeks for us. Did I forget to mention monkey's cutting his four eye teeth? hmmm.

So when I woke this morning (the fifth or tenth time I don't know) I was pleased to find myself surrounded by my beautiful family on a bright, sunny, Sunday morning. Nothing cures the gumpies like two bright-eyed children smiling at you and little chubby-armed hugs.

3 comments:

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Darcy - you really do have an eye for photography! You should do something with that! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better! Your babies are beautiful.
Hugs to all of you.

kimberley said...

how horrible darcy! i'm so glad that you are feeling better and blister free!

today my friend, i missed you and your babies so much.